Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Lonely Life...

The life of a filmmaker is a lonely life.

Trust me. Take it from someone who knows.

These last 3 years, the short films I've been making have been tearing it up in the indie film festival world. But the sacrifice for me right now is living a very lonely life. I'm out here in the sticks, in the middle of the country, by myself, shooting hilarious films of my Mother. Over the last 25 years, I've lived all around this country, having a great life...in cities like Chicago, Kansas City, Dallas, Vegas, Los Angeles, Tampa...the list goes on. But right now, until I can make some money and get out of this deep hole, it's out here in the sticks where I'll be.

Believe me though...I do enjoy it. I get to make films my way, and have total control. And get to know there are audiences worldwide that love my work that others would be terrified to make.

It's a lonely life.

Just some thoughts...

No comments: