Monday, May 26, 2008

I'm a Rich Poor Man...

I have everything...

It really amazes me how rich I am. I forget it too much....and then moments come when I realize it again. I wish I could always stay in this mind frame.

I'm unemployed...have no car right now, or means of transportation...stuck out here in the middle of nowhere...but I'm rich. I have everything. Even without money.

Today, I took a few hours, and went through piles of some things I have stored out here over the years. Man, it's a job going through this shit....but it brings back great memories of what I've done while I'm going through this shit...It really amazes me everything that I've done in my life.

I've been everywhere...and have done everything I've wanted to do. It may be the poor man's version....but I can truly say that if I died today, I would have no regrets. I'm educated, with degrees...I have world knowledge from spending my life around the country...for 25 years, I've done what I've wanted to do....been a filmmaker, director, actor, writer, speaker, teacher, salesman, communicator....I have so much more to do. But I'm truly happy with what I've done.

I'm alive...and doing what I want to do. I don't think many people in this world can truly say that.

Bob Dylan once said 'What's money? A man is rich if he wakes up in the morning, goes to bed at night, and in between does what he wants to do'. I'm sure he had his millions before he said that. But he's right. I have to agree. I'm able to wake up in the morning, go to bed at night, and do what I want to do in between. I'd say that's a rich man.

I look at everyone around me, and realize how poor they are, and how rich I am....they've got a great job that they're a slave to....they've got their big house, nice car, big family, and material things that they're a slave and in debt to...they're living a life they hate living....and envy people like myself, who are broke and have nothing. I'd rather be living in poverty like I am, doing what I want to do, than have millions, working and slaving for 40 years, and die without enjoying life. I'm rich....

I'm a rich poor man.

No comments: