Saturday, September 27, 2008

Trying to Get Back on Track....

Boy....it's tough being a poor filmmaker....

This has been the first time in over 2 weeks that I've found the time and resources to write a blog. Since my last one, I've been focusing on this telemarketing job to pay the bills, and make ends meet. I've lost focus of why I'm here and what I need to do....why I'm sacrificing just getting by to make make ends meet...it's to make my movies, and get my messages out there.

It would be easy to get a great job, and work it for 20 years until I'm a senior citizen; make a lot of money; have an easy life; but there's more I want out of life than that.

These last couple of weeks, when I get home from working this dinky job, it's been easy to pop open a beer, turn on the TV, and relax for a few hours, wind down and get some rest....but I need to remember why I'm doing all of this....and force myself to mentally get back on track.

It's hard. I'll be honest. It's really hard to keep pushing myself like this. And I'm getting older. Getting more set in my ways. That makes it harder. That's why I have to try even harder.

I keep trying to remember what Tom Hanks said in the film A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN: "It's supposed to be hard. If it was easy, everyone would do it. It's the hard that makes it great". I have to remember that. Keep focused. It's so hard. But it's supposed to be hard.

Today, I finally have had the time and resources to upload a new online episode of THE X-RATED GRANDMA. This week, I've had a short film play in Texas and Alabama. Next week, a short plays in L.A.; my films have played over 30 festivals so far this year; I'm trying to get my new feature THE X-RATED GRANDMA ready to explode in 2009. And there's more. I just have to find the time to keep working things and get going....

And life continues....

My Mother, Opal in today's new episode of THE X-RATED GRANDMA:

No comments: